The PMA understands the training needs in general practice and the wider health & social care settings and has now supported the development of NHS staff for over a decade.
We have successfully engaged thousands of your colleagues to refresh and to bridge gaps in their skills and knowledge through the creation and delivery of a comprehensive selection of workshops.
The PMA now has over 120 workshops – but what makes us unique is that our programmes are never a ‘one model fits all’. PMAs workshops can be adapted to meet any specific locality requirements – so please get in touch if you have a specific training need or requirement that is not listed as we would be happy to create something bespoke for you. Equally we are experienced in creating wide-ranging learning programmes.
The web workshops provide practice staff with access to virtual training, which can be delivered in a convenient time window to meet your specific needs. These workshops can also be delivered face to face, if required.
If you want more information on the PMA web workshops or are interested in PMA developing a bespoke programme, please get in touch.
Quick Links to all Workshops
- Active Signposting/Care Navigation
- Administrative Skills for Managers
- Administrative Skills Workshop – Taking Perfect Minutes
- Business Risk & Governance
- Capturing Medical Data: Summarising past Medical Records
- Private: Care Certificate
- Care Navigation – Active Signposting Module 1
- Care Navigation – Active Signposting Module 2
- Chairing meetings
- Change Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Correspondence Management & Workflow Optimisation
- Cost Effective Prescribing
- CQC Inspection Framework
- CQC Inspection Framework – Being ready for when it happens
- Customer & Conflict Management
- Customer Management & Difficult Conversations
- Customer Service & Managing Conflict
- Delivering Operational Excellence
- Dispensary Management – the governance perspective
- Dispute Resolution
- Effective Appraisals and Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- Effective Communication – getting your message across in all situations
- Effective patient encounters: ‘right person, right place, right time’
- Enhanced Care Navigation
- Excel for Beginners
- Exceptional Customer Service Training
- GDPR and the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- General Practice Property Management
- GP Development – Time Management
- Health & Safety, Employee Engagement & Wellbeing
- Health Literacy – Becoming a Health Literate Practice
- High Performing Virtual Teams
- HR & Employment Issues
- Information Governance
- Intermediate Excel
- Intramuscular Injection Techniques
- Introducing Active Signposting
- Introduction to Clinical Coding
- Introduction to General Practice – Module One: Customer Service and Care
- Introduction to General Practice – Module Two: Administration
- Introduction to General Practice – Module Three: Improving Patient Experience
- Introduction to General Practice – Module Four: Personal Development
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Medicines Management
- Introduction to Menopause in the Workplace
- Introduction to Primary Care
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Development & Leading Through Change
- Managing Collaboration Through Change
- Managing Conflict
- Managing Menopause in the Workplace
- Managing Practice Finances
- Medicines Management
- New Care Models – Working at Scale
- NHS Pensions Update
- Overview of Microsoft Office Applications
- Partnerships & Federations
- Prescription Clerk
- Primary Care Networks – Update
- Project Management
- Quality and Outcomes Framework
- Resilience for GPs and Clinicians
- Risk & Governance
- Safer Recruitment
- Serious Incidents & Root Cause Analysis
- Social & Digital Media
- Social Prescribing within the PCN – How to make it a success!
- Staff Employment Issues – HR & Employment Law
- Stress Management
- Stress Management, Resilience & Wellbeing
- Sustainability in Primary Care
- Telephone Triage – for front line staff & reception staff
- Telephone Triage – GPs, nurses & other practice clinicians
- Thrive not just Survive
- Train the Trainer
- Understanding Accounts, Accounting Systems and The Tax System
- Venepuncture (Phlebotomy)
- Video Consultation for GPs, nurses & other practice clinicians
- Zero Tolerance for Primary Care front line staff
Managing Practice Finances
This is the foundation workshop to the PMA programme – a series focused on the business management of general practice - where practice finances and accounting systems are explained in a user-friendly, interactive way.
Customer Management & Difficult Conversations
This virtual workshop been developed to support front line staff and other health care professionals in General Practice to develop their skills and confidence to provide excellence in customer service and to better manage disputes and to help manage challenging conflict situations experienced in practice.
Staff Employment Issues – HR & Employment Law
This programme focuses on issues that regularly arise in medical practice, they are often difficult to deal with concerning the critical human resource. We will cover employment law with practical guidance to enable participants to manage more effectively their human resource and deal with staffing challenges.
Risk & Governance
In this module, we will focus on how to create competitive, collaborative and commercial advantage for the GP Practice through an understanding of the Risks and Governance issues relevant to General Practice.
Stress Management, Resilience & Wellbeing
Participants will improve their understanding of staff employee engagement, wellbeing and building resilience in the practice and will receive frameworks for managing staff behaviour. They will also gain an insight into human resource management.
Social & Digital Media
The possibilities presented by social and digital media are endless. Our Social and Digital Media workshop is about achieving effective social media marketing communications for your practice.
Social Prescribing within the PCN – How to make it a success!
This programme focuses on the most advantageous and effective means of recruiting, employing and deploying the additional Social Prescribing roles that have now been made available for recruitment by PCNs via the Additional Roles Reimbursement Scheme (ARRS).
Effective Communication – getting your message across in all situations
The main aim of this training course is to enable participants with an understanding of the impact that their communication skills can have on others, while exploring the different ways in which developing these skills can make it easier for them to succeed in the health care setting and beyond.
High Performing Virtual Teams
Many team members have difficulty because they cannot see what other members are doing. Even the most skilled managers find difficulty in communicating and building a team when there is no physical proximity. Mastering the art of working in virtual teams will increase your team’s productivity and performance.
Join our vibrant community of over 50,000 today and benefit from our services
As a PMA member, you will benefit from regular news and updates on key issues and regulatory changes that affect GP practices. You will gain access to exclusive training and events that ensure you maintain currency of knowledge and skills. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with your peers from around the UK.