Questions to ask ourselves:
- When our patients are invited for appointments, how sure are we that they know what to do, where to go and when?
- When they arrive with us, do they know where to go and what to do?
- When they are with us, are we sure that we are being understood, and that they feel part of decision making?
- When our patients go home, how sure are we that they know what to do to improve or manage their health condition?
What are the benefits of “getting it right?”
People are more likely to:
- Attend appointments on time
- Navigate the sometimes complex physical environment in healthcare settings
- Feel involved in decisions about their health
- Adhere to medication correctly
- Adopt behaviours to manage their health condition or prevent other conditions developing
- Speak highly of the care that they have received from your organisation
The workshop will be delivered as a virtual session. The session is highly interactive, with plenty of activities to help attendees engage fully with the subject.