The PMA understands the training needs in general practice and the wider health & social care settings and has now supported the development of NHS staff for over a decade.
We have successfully engaged thousands of your colleagues to refresh and to bridge gaps in their skills and knowledge through the creation and delivery of a comprehensive selection of workshops.
The PMA now has over 120 workshops – but what makes us unique is that our programmes are never a ‘one model fits all’. PMAs workshops can be adapted to meet any specific locality requirements – so please get in touch if you have a specific training need or requirement that is not listed as we would be happy to create something bespoke for you. Equally we are experienced in creating wide-ranging learning programmes.
The web workshops provide practice staff with access to virtual training, which can be delivered in a convenient time window to meet your specific needs. These workshops can also be delivered face to face, if required.
If you want more information on the PMA web workshops or are interested in PMA developing a bespoke programme, please get in touch.
Quick Links to all Workshops
- Active Signposting/Care Navigation
- Administrative Skills for Managers
- Administrative Skills Workshop – Taking Perfect Minutes
- Business Risk & Governance
- Capturing Medical Data: Summarising past Medical Records
- Private: Care Certificate
- Care Navigation – Active Signposting Module 1
- Care Navigation – Active Signposting Module 2
- Chairing meetings
- Change Management
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Correspondence Management & Workflow Optimisation
- Cost Effective Prescribing
- CQC Inspection Framework
- CQC Inspection Framework – Being ready for when it happens
- Customer & Conflict Management
- Customer Management & Difficult Conversations
- Customer Service & Managing Conflict
- Delivering Operational Excellence
- Dispensary Management – the governance perspective
- Dispute Resolution
- Effective Appraisals and Personal Development Planning (PDP)
- Effective Communication – getting your message across in all situations
- Effective patient encounters: ‘right person, right place, right time’
- Enhanced Care Navigation
- Excel for Beginners
- Exceptional Customer Service Training
- GDPR and the role of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- General Practice Property Management
- GP Development – Time Management
- Health & Safety, Employee Engagement & Wellbeing
- Health Literacy – Becoming a Health Literate Practice
- High Performing Virtual Teams
- HR & Employment Issues
- Information Governance
- Intermediate Excel
- Intramuscular Injection Techniques
- Introducing Active Signposting
- Introduction to Clinical Coding
- Introduction to General Practice – Module One: Customer Service and Care
- Introduction to General Practice – Module Two: Administration
- Introduction to General Practice – Module Three: Improving Patient Experience
- Introduction to General Practice – Module Four: Personal Development
- Introduction to Medical Terminology
- Introduction to Medicines Management
- Introduction to Menopause in the Workplace
- Introduction to Primary Care
- Leadership Development
- Leadership Development & Leading Through Change
- Managing Collaboration Through Change
- Managing Conflict
- Managing Menopause in the Workplace
- Managing Practice Finances
- Medicines Management
- New Care Models – Working at Scale
- NHS Pensions Update
- Overview of Microsoft Office Applications
- Partnerships & Federations
- Prescription Clerk
- Primary Care Networks – Update
- Project Management
- Quality and Outcomes Framework
- Resilience for GPs and Clinicians
- Risk & Governance
- Safer Recruitment
- Serious Incidents & Root Cause Analysis
- Social & Digital Media
- Social Prescribing within the PCN – How to make it a success!
- Staff Employment Issues – HR & Employment Law
- Stress Management
- Stress Management, Resilience & Wellbeing
- Sustainability in Primary Care
- Telephone Triage – for front line staff & reception staff
- Telephone Triage – GPs, nurses & other practice clinicians
- Thrive not just Survive
- Train the Trainer
- Understanding Accounts, Accounting Systems and The Tax System
- Venepuncture (Phlebotomy)
- Video Consultation for GPs, nurses & other practice clinicians
- Zero Tolerance for Primary Care front line staff
NHS Pensions Update
NHS Pensions are explained in a user-friendly, interactive way. This web workshop will provide practical guidance to enable participants to map outcomes onto their own practice – across their GPs, GP Partners, Locums and other clinical and non-clinical staff.
CQC Inspection Framework – Being ready for when it happens
The module will be delivered as an interactive session with practical guidance to enable participants to map the techniques onto their own practice – and has been fully updated to incorporate the CQC Inspection changes applicable from the onset of Covid-19.
Introduction to Menopause in the Workplace
Delegates will explore the changing face of the workplace, key facts, and symptoms of menopause, develop skills to manage sensitive conversations and how best to support yourself and colleagues to maintain wellbeing and productivity.
Managing Menopause in the Workplace
By increasing awareness, developing positive cultural engagement, and understanding the hazards of doing nothing, organisations in general practice will be able to reduce their risk, protect their reputation, and support all staff affected by menopause, whether directly or indirectly.
Health Literacy – Becoming a Health Literate Practice
This programme focuses on how becoming a more health literate practice can help not only your patients achieve better health outcomes, but also how you as a practice can be more effective, efficient and enhance your reputation.
Effective patient encounters: ‘right person, right place, right time’
The key objective of engaging the patients and signposting is to help patients access the right care at the earliest opportunity. It is a new system of ‘triage‘, carried out at the first point of contact with the GP practice by non-clinical staff under the direction of the clinical team.
Zero Tolerance for Primary Care frontline staff
This face to face workshop has been developed to support front line staff and other health care professionals in General Practice to develop their skills and confidence to better manage disputes, help manage challenging conflict situations and understand zero tolerance.
Capturing Medical Data: Summarising past Medical Records
Managing “degraded data” and extracting data from paper records is a recognised and acceptable inheritance, by the receiving practice, however, it can be problematic and resource-heavy. This training will focus on safely managing ‘degraded’ virtual information and reviewing and extracting significant and minor past medical and social histories from paper records.
Sustainability in Primary Care
The session will help you to understand why sustainability matters, then help you to ‘green’ your practice using case studies from primary care and offering tips and tricks for implementing sustainability improvements.
Join our vibrant community of over 50,000 today and benefit from our services
As a PMA member, you will benefit from regular news and updates on key issues and regulatory changes that affect GP practices. You will gain access to exclusive training and events that ensure you maintain currency of knowledge and skills. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with your peers from around the UK.