Delegates will be able to describe and create their vision of Exceptional Customer Service for their GP practice and understand the importance of “getting it right the first time”. They will understand the underpinning theory of how to achieve this, how to identify their current gaps and how to plan effectively. They will also focus on their own personalities and the impact they have on others – and on their customers.
By the end of the web workshop delegates will be able to:
- Identify current gaps in customer service delivery and areas for improvement.
- Recognise barriers to communication.
- See the importance of excellent internal communication and the positive effect this has on customer service delivery.
- Recognise your own personality style and those of your colleagues, patients and other customers.
- Enhance awareness of your response to different personality types and the effect this can have when dealing with challenging situations.
- Manage and understand the expectations, feelings, fears and needs of your patients and their carers.
- Recognise the difference between prejudice and discrimination.
- Exhibit more confidence, motivation and control when dealing with challenging situations and complaints.
- Learn to say the” right thing, at the right time in the right way” using Emotional Intelligence.
- Recognise the effects of stress on you, your colleagues and patients.
- Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour.
- Create an Internal Customer Service Charter.
- Measure standards through the use of a customer service audit tool.
- Be motivated to walk the talk and set your customer service standards even higher.
A workbook and guidance notes and will be provided to support this workshop – and delegates will receive a useful summary of the day with further notes of the key messages of the day.
Certificates of attendance are awarded after the workshop.