An intensive 3-hour web workshop which looks at people leadership, team-working models, and provides the practical guidance on how to lead PCN and practice staff.
We will also focus on essential skills that help you become the best leader you can be with a focus on how to adapt your leadership style to deliver results through people.
You will discover how to get maximum performance from your team, exploring motivation, influence and balancing the potential conflicts arising from the needs for both creativity and consistency. We will also explore the cause of, and potential solutions to under-performance.
The core objectives of the workshop, to enable delegates to have:
- A clear and confident awareness of their preferred leadership style, and how to adapt to a given situation.
- Understanding a practical approach to team working and building healthy relationships.
- Practice and apply the knowledge and skills learnt, to develop their own employee’s, colleague’s performance, and wellbeing, as well as the growth or change of the organisation.
Who should attend?
Senior Practice Nurses
GP Administrator Managers
Aims & Objectives:
Develop the understanding and core skills of leading people in Practice.
- Understand the purpose of leading people within an organisation.
- Develop the core skills and behaviours of an effective leader of people.
- Explore how the behaviour of a leader impact on the relationships, and performance of staff.
Pre-reading – ‘The Five Dysfunctions of a Team’ – Patrick Lencioni:
https://slooowdown.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/a-summary-of-the-five-dysfunctions-of-a-team-by-patrick-lencioni/ (An overview of Lencioni Five Dysfunctions of a Team)
The module will be delivered as an interactive web workshop session with practical guidance to enable participants to map the techniques and outcomes onto their own practice.
Below is an outline of the proposed agenda, if you have any questions please get in touch.
|Welcome & Introduction to the workshop
Leadership and Teamworking models
Leadership styles – preferences and personality
Leading people – building your toolkit (selected to align to delegate challenges in time allowed)
Key learnings and action planning
Wrap up and close
Contact the PMA now
If you would like more information about any of our workshops, the timings or adapting our programmes to your local needs / requirements, please call 0330 111 6459 or email email@example.com
Please note that all workshops are delivered online as web workshop sessions – however, if you require face to face workshops, please get in touch and we will be happy to discuss this.
Join our vibrant community of over 50,000 today and benefit from our services
As a PMA member, you will benefit from regular news and updates on key issues and regulatory changes that affect GP practices. You will gain access to exclusive training and events that ensure you maintain currency of knowledge and skills. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with your peers from around the UK.