This virtual workshop has been developed to support front-line staff and other healthcare professionals in General Practice to develop their skills and confidence to provide excellence in customer service, deal with disputes, and help manage challenging conflict situations experienced in practice. We will consider how and why conflict may arise between staff members and the patients or their carers around access to services, treatments, and other aspects of practice life and will consider and reflect on ways to manage this.
The workshop will be interactive – delegates will be encouraged to share challenges and conflicts they have already encountered – our facilitator will also share their experiences from the GP practice.
Slides handouts will be sent to delegates prior to this web workshop and certificates of attendance are awarded after the workshop.
Who should attend?
Other Healthcare Professionals
By the end of the workshop delegates will be able to:
- Understand why we need to listen, respond and act on complaints
- Be clear about the NHS Complaints Process and their responsibilities
- Understand the main areas of complaints in practices
- Appreciate the processes that practices can implement to address issues that arise
- Define standards to deliver high-quality service to avoid complaints
- Enhance their customer care skills through assertiveness
- Appreciate how difficult conversations can escalate and be managed
- Recognise barriers to good communication
- See the importance of excellent internal communication and the positive effect this has on service delivery
- Enhance awareness of their response to different conflict situations and personality types and the effect this can have when dealing with challenging situations
- Manage and understand the expectations, feelings, fears and needs of the patients
- Exhibit more confidence, motivation and control when dealing with challenging situations and conflict.
Below is an outline of the proposed agenda with sample timings. If you have any questions please get in touch.
Why are we here?
|Key characteristics of excellent customer service
|Listening for Success
There will be interactive exercises throughout the session that will require the attendees to think about a situation that they have previously encountered and to think about how they deal with it and what they would do differently.
Contact the PMA now
If you would like more information about any of our workshops, the timings or adapting our programmes to your local needs / requirements, please call 0330 111 6459 or email email@example.com
Please note that all workshops are delivered online as web workshop sessions – however, if you require face to face workshops, please get in touch and we will be happy to discuss this.
Join our vibrant community of over 50,000 today and benefit from our services
As a PMA member, you will benefit from regular news and updates on key issues and regulatory changes that affect GP practices. You will gain access to exclusive training and events that ensure you maintain currency of knowledge and skills. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with your peers from around the UK.