Dispensary Management – the Governance Perspective, module is aimed at dispensing managers, practice managers, and administrative or dispensing staff who wish to broaden their knowledge of Medicines Management within General Practice. The module aims to enhance and develop the skills of those members of non-clinical staff who wish to pursue, develop and undertake the role in pharmacy management within the practice.
After undertaking the training, delegates will have a greater understanding the mandatory governance and management quality schemes enforced by CQC and will be able to implement the right processes within practice. In turn these will drive good financial returns and improvements in performance, quality and reliability of patient care.
The web workshop will also provide them with a greater understanding and appreciation of the role of the community practice pharmacy.
Successful and safe Medicines Management and Dispensary Governance is reliant on the following principles:
- Robust protocols, standards and risk assessments agreed by both clinical and non-clinical staff, which clearly outline the responsibilities and when escalation to a clinical member of the team is required
- Continuous audit against standards and regulatory requirements – and commitment from the whole pharmacy team to create this culture
- Audit of activity and outcomes including complaints and significant or serious incidents.
Training Recommendations: all staff who wish to undertake Dispensary Management – the Governance Perspective module and develop their skills:
- Should be experienced GP Practice and or Pharmacy staff and understand the course outcomes
- Will have to demonstrate how they have applied the skills and knowledge gained back in their workplaces and their work will be audited and monitored on an ongoing basis back in the practice.