The web workshop will support the delegates understanding of the role, responsibilities and competencies to enable the delivery of enhanced care navigation and will look in turn, at supporting the development of these skills specific to the CCG.
At the enhanced care level staff are expected to have a good level of expertise in customer care and a background of working in a healthcare environment and some experience of the active signposting.
Enhanced care navigators may be expected to provide detailed knowledge of the localities service directory and support and train other frontline members of the primary care team.
The PMA would be happy to adjust the programme to include a show case of a selection of local service providers – this has proved a valuable addition to the ECN programme.
Clinical signposting to Service Provides:
Knowledge of Localised Services
- To provide a practical understanding and basic advice to promote localised services – each to present:
- Provide basic advice to promote healthy lifestyle behaviours and activities.
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of long-term conditions and integrated care they support.
- Where to go for information
- What, where, when and how to signpost
- Local impact
Who should attend?
The learning outcomes of the workshop:
- Delegates will understand the principles of Enhanced Care Navigation
- They will understand the benefits of supporting and enabling healthier behaviours and self-care for patients.
- Explore conversational techniques and build on communications techniques introduced at the active signposting training, such as active listening, motivational conversations and dealing with difficult conversations.
- They will gain an understanding of how to work across a range of service providers and develop skills in forming and maintaining professional relationships and network across organisations and clinical specialists.
- Will understand the potential complexities and risks.
- They will provide a degree of independent, autonomous working and will work effectively alongside the clinical Care Navigation lead.
Who should attend?
Attendees will be experienced active signposters who want to take the role further and act as Care Navigation Champion within an individual practice.
The web workshop will provide the opportunity to meet other colleagues across the HMR region, share stories and network with others in navigation roles.
The aim to:
- Improve patient and carer experience.
- Help reduce unnecessary hospital admissions and GP attendance, without necessarily incurring higher costs.
- Provide an opportunity to update and extend knowledge of local services.
- Explore the role of advocate for signposting within the practice.
Below is an outline of the proposed agenda, if you have any questions please get in touch.
|Welcome & Introduction
Open Forum – your challenges and concerns
|Overview of the Enhanced Care Navigation & Objectives
|What is the Enhanced Care Navigation role?
|Enhanced CN – Setting the Scene and Introduction to the Core Competencies
| Access to Services
|Personalising your Care Navigation journey
Understand the role of Enhanced CN. It’s about managing patient expectations and not losing the ability to say NO.
|Building good working relationships
Developing the ability to build good, effective working relationships – and a multi-agency approach
For enhanced care navigation; demonstrating professional behaviour, attitudes & attributes:
Explore collaboration and examples of good practices locally and elsewhere
|Summary and Q & A|
Contact the PMA now
If you would like more information about any of our workshops, the timings or adapting our programmes to your local needs / requirements, please call 0330 111 6459 or email email@example.com
Please note that all workshops are delivered online as web workshop sessions – however, if you require face to face workshops, please get in touch and we will be happy to discuss this.
Join our vibrant community of over 50,000 today and benefit from our services
As a PMA member, you will benefit from regular news and updates on key issues and regulatory changes that affect GP practices. You will gain access to exclusive training and events that ensure you maintain currency of knowledge and skills. You will have the opportunity to meet and network with your peers from around the UK.